Cassie Coultston-Gerigk was the high Collegiate/Junior in the 2020-2021 Snow Country English Match Series with a score of 2341.70. She bested Collin Fox who finished second with a 2332.30.
On April 10, 2021 the 2020-2021 Snow Country Shoot-off was conducted at the Jackson Sportsman's Club in Jackson, Michigan. Of the twelve (12) shooters invited, nine (9) attended. One of the non-attendees was recovering from open heart surgery, one was at the ASSA Collegiate Club Championship with one of the shooters he coaches, and one forgot about the match (it happens).
The winning F-Class Shooter was Dave Strycharz with a 1271.7, besting Ed Gostomski in second place with a 1265.0. In the Sling category, Dan Altman fired a 1247.3, beating his second place shooter, Gary Duda who had a 1233.4.
|First||Last||Category||First Match||Second Match||Aggregate|
This ends the the 2020-2021 Snow Country. We thank all of the shooters who competed in this season, and hope that you will return for the 2021-2022 Snow Country. Watch this spot for details about when it begins.
Our next outdoor match is tentatively scheduled for April 17, 2021 at the Midland County Sportsman's Club. Program: 2021 Winter Mid-Range Prone League Program
This is the final results for the Grand Aggregate of the 2020-2021 Snow Country English match series.
The following persons are invited to the Shoot-Off on April 10, 2021 at the Jackson Sportsman's Club in Jackson, Michigan (see event for map).
The course of fire will be two sixty shot English matches (120 record shots total). The range will be open at 8:00 AM, and we will start shooting as soon as all competitors arrive, but no later than 9:00 AM.
Aggregate scores are based upon the high four match score of six fired matches. Please bring obvious errors to my attention (Lcebula@comcast.net).
This is NOT the final results. There are still a match to be shot, April Fool's Day in Grand Rapids. We will then finalize the results, and name the Shoot-Off contestants.
Results up to February 27, 2021:
As I go through the posting I felt it was worthwhile to review the high scores by Category: So here they are:
Collegiate/Junior: Collin Fox 592.7
F-Class Prone: Ed Gostomski 638.0
Sling Prone: Dan Altman 630.6
March is upon us, so we have only one month of the league matches left: March 4 - Grand Rapids; March 13 - Monroe; March 20 - Howell; March 27 - Muskegon.
Program is available: 2020-2021 Snow Country English Match Series
First scores in February, from Grand Rapids on the 4th, Howell on the 6th, and Monroe on the 13th and Muskegon on the 13th:
Next matches are in February: Howell - 27th. Program: 2020-2021 Snow Country English Match Series
Snow Country Results up to December 19, in the year of COVID.
The next Snow Country Matches will be in the New Year! It will be good to have 2020 behind us.
Next matches by location: Howell - January 2, 2021; Grand Rapids - January 7, 2021; Monroe - January 9, 2021; Muskegon - January 16, 2021. Program: 2020-2021 Snow Country English Match Series
If you are looking for excitement, there is the New Year's Eve Rifle Match at Midland County Sportsman's Club on December 31, 2020. An opportunity to kiss the year of COVID goodbye with a 2x600. Category awards will be made. Program: 2020 New Year's Eve Rifle Match
On November 4, 2020, the Grand Rapids Club fired their first match of the 2020-2021 season. Five competitors attended and began the league for the new season. Then on November 7, 2020 the Howell Gun Club ran their first Snow Country match of the season. Six competitors attended. Great start for the new season.
This season will see the start of decimal scoring for the league. Instead of a total possible score of 600, it will be possible to shoot a 654. So we should see quite a number of scores over 600. However, we should see some real differentiation between scores, especially for F-Class.
Below are the final grand aggregate standings for this year's Snow Country. A couple of points to clarify the standing and results:
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis we have canceled the Shoot-Off for this year. It may have been possible that Governor Whitmer would eliminate the "Stay-at-home" order prior to the 18th, but we suspect that we will still have prohibitions on being closer than six (6) feet to our fellow man. So the Shoot-Off is canceled. The funds normally expended for the Shoot-Off have been rolled into the final awards total.
- For the first time this year's league began with four categories: F-Class, Sling-Irons, Sling-Scope, and Collegiate/Junior. We had dissimilar entries in those categories, so for the Grand Aggregate the Sling-Irons and Sling-Scope were rolled together. However, for awards in the individual matches they were kept separate. As a result for Sling-Irons, and Sling-Scope there are awards paid for matches 1-4 and the grand aggregate. For F-Class there are awards paid for matches 1-6 and the grand aggregate. For Collegiate/Junior the top three competitors in the grand aggregate will receive Trophy Plaques.
- Due to limited entries in F-Class, Sling-Scope, Sling-Irons awards are being paid as follows:
- F-Class, first, second, and third in matches 1-4. First and second in matches 5-6.
- For both sling categories first was paid in matches 1-4.
- The checks will be mailed this next week (March 30, 2020).
- In the following awards list, those shown in Bold would have been invited to the League Shoot-Off. Those persons will receive a 2020 Snow Country Shoot-Off T-Shirt. The T-Shirts will either be mailed or handed out at matches later this year, after the 6' zone of exclusion is lifted.